The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 27 Sept)
REPORTS: Digital Payments: Revolution or Evolution – A Global Analysis of the March towards Cashless Societies / TDK (6762 JT) – Positive Outlook Depends on Batteries and Sensors / MARKET: Dividends take the Nikkei 225 below 22,000 / VIDEO GAME INSIGHTS: Square Enix (9684 JT) / Colopl (3668 JT): How Big Can Dragon Quest Walk Get? / Nintendo (7974 JT) awkward monetization of Mario Kart Tour / KLab (3656 JT) now has a video game hit / Plus 18 INDUSTRY & COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
The foreign selling of Japanese shares continues apace. Pelham Smithers looks at the reasons behind this and points to the BoJ’s initiatives to address the inverted yield curve..
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Digital Payments – Revolution or Evolution: A Global Analysis of the March Towards Cashless Societies
2. TDK (6762 JT) – Positive Outlook Depends on Batteries and Sensors
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Square Enix (9684 JT) / Colopl (3668 JT): How Big Can Dragon Quest Walk Get?
2. Switch Lite Sales at Nintendo (7974 JT) Off to a Strong Start
3. Nintendo’s (7974 JT) Awkward Monetization of Mario Kart Tour
4. Klab (3656 JT) Has a Hit Game Too
Chemicals / Materials
5. More Troubles for Japan Display (6740 JT)
6. The EUV Race Continues – A Positive for Material Suppliers
7. Nissha (7915 JT) Books Gain from Asset Sale
8. Toyota (7203 JT) Increases Stake in Subaru (7270 JT)
9. Mazda (7261 JT) Goes Electric
10. Honda (7267 JT) Buys Renewable Energy
Auto Parts / Machinery
11. HCM (6305 JT) to Reduce Inventory / Raise Cash Flow
12. Zenrin (9474 JT) in SoftBank Group (9984 JT / Didi Tie-Up
13. Is 5G Dangerous to Health?
Internet / eCommerce
14. Nexon (3659 JT) Loses a Key Executive
15. Istyle (3660 JT) is on a Gaining Streak
16. Oracle Japan (4716 JT) Disappoints in FY19 Q1
17. Cybozu (4776 JT) Produces Strong August Results
18. Sharp Moves in Bitcoin
Macro / Market
19. Dividends Take Tokyo Below 22,000
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: KH Neochem (4189 JT); Toyota Industries (6201 JT), Ichikoh (7244 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.