The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 25 Sep)
REPORT: Nabtesco (6268 JT) / MARKET / MACRO: / Covid / lockdown / WFH stars in Mothers index / INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Channel checks suggest new iPhone production is high-end oriented / Amazon enters the video game streaming market / COMPANY INSIGHTS: Readthrough from the Microsoft / Bethesda Deal / Can Capcom release a Monster Hunter and a Resident Evil title every year? / Plus additional COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Lindsay Whipp
In Part 2 of our analysis of the SaaS sector using sales/employee metrics, Lindsay Whipp continues her analysis of the productivity of the IT Service sector. We discover what sales and OP may look like for companies such as Nomura Research Institute and TIS as corporate Japan shifts to cloud-based platforms for its software.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Nabtesco (6268 JT): Q4 FY20 Robot Gear Pick-Up Possible
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Channel Checks Suggest New iPhone Production is High-end Orientated
2. Readthrough from the Microsoft / Bethesda Deal
3. Can Capcom (9697 JT) Release a Monster Hunter and a Resident Evil Title Every Year?
4. Amazon Enters the Video Game Streaming Market
5. Panasonic’s (6752 JT) Tesla (TSLA US) Problem
Technology: Industrial Electronics and Electronic Components
6. Mitsubishi UFJ Lease / Hitachi Capital Merger Further Evidence of Hitachi (6501 JT) Restructuring
Chemicals / Materials
7. Nitto Denko (6988 JT) Highlights Optronics and Life Sciences
8. More Good News for Toyota (7203 JT) in China
9. Bridgestone (5108 JT) Plant Closure in France Being Challenged
Internet / eCommerce
10. CyberAgent’s (4751 JT) ABEMA Tops the Overall Grossing Charts
11. International Offering from Base Inc (4477 JT)
12. Changes in Top Management at Mercari (4385 JT)
13. NTT Data’s (9613 JT) Suga Rush: Will the New PM Walk the Talk?
14. Pharma Moves and News
Market / Strategy
15. Digital Agency Plays in Mothers Index
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Participated in presentation by: Nitto Denko (6988 JT)
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: Minebea-Mitsumi (6479 JT), Nabtesco (6268 JT), Toyota Ind (6201 JT), SMC (6273 JT), Trend Micro (4704 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.