The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to DD MMM)
REPORTS: NEC (6701 JT) / Daikin (6361 JT) / RPA Holdings (6572 JT) / Hitachi (6501 JT) / INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Additional support for China’s fuel cell vehicle developers announced / Shared Merpay and Barai QR code started today / Shipping sector gets upgraded / Super App situation for wireless operators: readacross to KDDI / MARKET / MACRO: 2Q GDP / household spending / wage data / Olympics back on next year / Plus additional COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers thinks about film making and film screening in this time of Covid, considering the issue in relation to Sony’s capabilities and strategies in particular.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Daikin (6367 JT) – Global Expansion Focus
2. Is the Market Reassessing Hitachi (6501 JT)?
3. NEC (6701 JT) in the Running to Acquire Avaloq
4. RPA Holdings (6752 JT): Robotic Process Automation in Japan – It’s Complicated
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Is the Avengers Game Turning into a Flop?
2. Microsoft (MSFT US) Unveils Xbox Series S, Priced at an Ultra-low US$299
3. Video Game Moves that Caught Our Eye
Technology: Industrial Electronics and Electronic Components
4. NEC (6701 JT) in the Running to Acquire Avaloq
5. Is the Market Reassessing Hitachi (6501 JT)?
Chemicals / Materials
6. Fujifilm (4901 JT) Hikes Capacity While One Vaccine Trial is Put on Hold
7. Asahi Kasei’s (3407 JT) Housing Guidance Looks Conservative
8. Additional Support for China’s Fuel Cell Vehicle Developers Announced
9. Diamond Electric (6699 JT) Showcases EV Potential in New Mid-Term Plan
10. Subaru (7270 JT) Making Progress in Sun Belt
11. Nervousness about Suzuki’s (7269 JT) India Outlook
Auto Parts / Machinery
12. MinebeaMitsumi (6479 JT) Shares +11% in 4 Days to 3-Month High
13. Nabtesco (6268 JT) Sees Upgrade to ¥4200 and Gear / Hydraulic Upside
14. SoftBank Group (9984 JT) Back to Doing What it Does Best?
15. SoftBank (9984 JT) MBO Story Revived 16. Super App Situation for Wireless Operators a Potential Negative for KDDI (9433 JT) 17. KDDI (9433 JT) to List Soracom?
Internet / eCommerce
18. BASE Inc (4477 JT) Launches Community App
19. Shared Merpay and d Barai QR Code Started
20. Rakuten (4755 JT) Gets Upgraded
21. Demae-can (2484 JT): Transaction Volumes up 4x in June Quarter
22. Calbee (2229 JT) Trials Sansan (4443 JT) Amid Covid-19 New Normal Work Life
23. Covid Developments
24. DLE (3686 JT) Expanding its Relationship with Creative Labs
25. MedPeer (6095 JT) to Move to TSE1
26. Mixed Set of August Same-Store-Sales:
27. Restrictions on Entertainment Events Easing: Avex (7860 JT) / Amuse (4301 JT)
28. Nomura & Co (9716 JT) Released FY20 Forecasts
29. Shipping Sector Gets an Upgrade
Market / Strategy
30. Tokyo Olympics Back on Next Year
31. 2Q GDP / Wages / Employment
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: Toyota Ind (6201 JT), JBEC (unlisted), Daikin (6367 JT), MinebeaMitsumi (6479 JT), GMO Financial Gate (4051 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.