The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 29 Nov)
REPORTS: Japanese Mobile Gaming / MACRO: China profits down / INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Japan’s Pharma sector in 2020 / How bad is the Chinese penetration of the Japanese mobile sector market? / Restaurant review sites hit by investigation / Plus 25 additional COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers examines the business service sector’s performance in 2019 and its continuing very promising prospects in 2020 as 5G looms. He discusses which enterprise software businesses stand to benefit the most and unearths a sleeper, Transcosmos.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Japanese Mobile Gaming: How Bad is the Chinese Penetration?
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. How Bad is the Chinese Penetration of the Japanese Mobile Game Market?
2. Is Apple (AAPL US) to Move its iPhone Range Entirely Over to OLED in 2020?
3. Video Game Stocks Playing Nicely
4. Murata Information Meeting Sees Batteries in Black in FY21
5. Panasonic’s (6752 JT) Restructuring
Technology: Industrial Electronics / SPE / Components / Precision
6. Kyocera (6971 JT) Buys Out Minority Stake of AVX (AVX US)
7. Hitachi (6501 JT): Subsidiary Restructuring
8. Toshiba (6502 JT)
Chemicals / Materials
9 Nikkei Says Showa Denko (4004 JT) is to Acquire Hitachi Chemical (4217 JT)
10. Asahi Kasei (3407 JT) to Acquire Veloxis Pharmaceuticals
11. Tosoh (4042 JT) Buys KH Neochem (4189 JT) Shares / Update on 1,3-BG
12. Autos 10 Global Auto Sales Set for Steep Fall in 2019
13. Honda (7267 JT): No Rush into CASE
14. New RAV4 PHEV Showcases Toyota’s (7203 JT) Electrification Effort
Auto Parts / Machinery
15. Toyoda Gosei (7282 JT): Restructuring Plans for Europe / Nikkei Write-up
16. Daikin (6367 JT) Hovering Near its Listing High
17. Mercari’s (4385 JT) Rise Despite a Lack of Supportive Factors
18. GMO Payment Gateway (3769 JT) Surges as Japan Embraces Cashless Faster than Expected
19. Restaurant Review Sites Hit by Investigation
20. Cybozu (4776 JT) Raises FY19 Guidance
21. TIS (3626 JT) to Test its Local Resident ID Card e-Payment System
22. Japan’s Pharma Sector in 2020
23. Disappointing News for Eisai (4523 JT)
24. Pharma Updates That Caught Our Eye
25. KDDI (9433 JT) in Facebook AR / VR Tie-up
26. China Profits Down
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Visited: Fujifilm Holdings (4901 JT), Showa Denko (4004 JT), Ube Industries (4208 JT), Dexerials (4980 JT)
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: Kuraray (3405 JT), Toyoda Gosei (7282), Daifuku (6383 JT), Fujitsu General (6755 JT), Sansan (4443 JT)
• Attended earnings / strategy / mid-term plan announcement meetings at: Fujifilm Holdings (4901 JT), JEOL (6951 JT), Toyoda Gosei (7282 JT), Ferrotec (6890 JT), Toa Corp (1885 JT), Fudo Tetra Corp (1813 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.