The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers discusses how Japan’s console game charts are almost completely dominated by Japanese companies. The extended period of underperformance of Japanese console game publishers versus their international peers may be coming to an end, he posits.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. ERP / IT Software Small- Mid-Caps – From Gloom to Swoon?
2. Ferrotec Holdings (6890 JT) – Riding the Semiconductor Boom
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Elden Ring Starts to Go Off the Boil
2. Is Sony’s (6758 JT) Sexism Case Moving on to Class Action Status?
3. Other Consumer Electronic / Gaming News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Components / Semis & SPE / Precision
4. Job Losses at ARM
5. Nidec (6594 JT) Shares Rebound
6. Other Tech-Related News & Moves That Caught Our Eye 7
Chemicals / Materials
7. Mitsui Chemicals (4183 JT) to Cut PTA Capacity
8. Shin-Etsu (4063 KT), Kaneka (4118 JT) Hike PVC Prices
9. Europe Posts Lowest February Auto Sales on Record
10. Auto Sector Recovers on Weaker Yen, Falling Oil Prices
11. Auto Sector Underperforms on Further Supply Concerns
Auto Parts / Machinery
12. Denso (6902 JT) and Koito (7276 JT): Big Weak Yen Beneficiaries
Internet / eCommerce
13. CyberAgent’s (4751 JT) ABEMA to Broadcast World Cup Games
14. GA Technologies (3491 JT): Q1 Results Suggest On Track to Meet FY22 Targets
15. Other Internet / eCommerce News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
16. Are Start-Ups Winning the Battle for Software Engineering Talent?
17. Eisai (4523 JT) Accelerates Lecanemab
18. Chugai Pharmaceutical (4519 JT) Settles Patent Infringement Suit
19. Fujifilm (4901 JT): Update on Avigan and Novavax
20. Ya-Man (6630 JT) Just Shy of FY Target at Q3
21. Other Consumer Electronic / Gaming News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Market / Strategy / Macro
22. Shenzhen Lockdown Adds to Supply Chain Woes, China Issues
23. China Economic Data Much Stronger than Feared
24. Fed Speech and Weak yen
25. Japan Feb CPI Highest Since Covid Began
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Visited: Ferrotec (6890 JT), Fujifilm Holdings (4901 JT)
• Conference Calls with: Z Holdings (4689 JT), ExaWizards (4259 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.