The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 12 Mar)
REPORTS: Square Enix (9684 JT) at a crossroads / Nippon Steel (5401 JT), steelmaking, and the potential for a hydrogen-based solution / INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Is SOX being sold off on valuations, outlook, or “a bit of both”? / Do electric mini cars make sense? / MACRO: Feb bank lending / Revised Q4 2020 GDP / Labour cash earnings / Feb PPI / Plus COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers explains why Rakuten has taken over the mantle as Japan’s premier “Marmite” stock from SoftBank Group.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Square Enix (9684 JT) At a Crossroads
2. Nippon Steel (5401 JT), Steelmaking and the Potential for a Hydrogen-Based Solution
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. US Administration Tightens Up on Huawei Export Rules
2. Can Animé Turn Round Sony’s (6758 JT) Music Fortunes as Well as Sony Music?
3. Sony (6758 JT), Nintendo (7974 JT) Succumb to Declines in Nasdaq
4. Nexon (3659 JT): Plenty of Action Ahead at Upcoming Events
Technology: Industrial Electronics and Electronic Components
5. Will Murata Lose Dollar Content in the iPhone 13 Vs the iPhone 12?
Technology: Semiconductors / SPE & Precision
6. Is SOX Being Sold Off on Valuations, Outlook or “A Bit of Both”?
7. Tamron’s (7740 JT) Interchangeable Lens is More Popular than Canon’s (7751 JT)
8. Nippon Steel (5401 JT) Goes Green, Does Tech
Chemicals / Materials
9. Shin-Etsu Chem (4063 JT) Benefiting from Strong PVC Markets
10. Ube (4208 JT JT): Hydrogen-Play
11. Honda’s (7267 JT) AD Efforts
12. Do Electric Mini Cars Make Sense?
13. Toyota (7203 JT) Warns Apple (AAPL US) about Business Model
Auto Parts / Machinery
14. Toyota Industries (6201 JT) Hits Record Listing High
15. Introducing KDDI’s (9433 JT) Mixed Reality Product – Coh
Internet / eCommerce
16. CyberAgent (4751 JT) In the Spotlight
17. Other Moves and News That Caught Our Eye
18. NTT Data (9613 JT) Investigates Alleged Involvement in Government Wining and Dining Scandal
19. More Competition for Fujifilm’s (4901 JT) Avigan
20. CO2 Alternative Theme Moves to NH3
21. Moves and News That Caught Our Eye
22. Data Released This Week
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Visited: Shin-Etsu Chemical (4063 JT), JBEC (unlisted), Diamond Electric (6699 JT)
• Conference Calls with: Konica Minolta (4902 JT), Ohara Inc. (5218 JT), Ichikoh (7244 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.