The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham discusses whether Covid-19 might end Japan’s aversion to eCommerce
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Daikin (6367 JT) – Depreciation Reduction; 2020 Issues
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Is Capcom Set to Release Resident Evil 8 in FY20?
2. Sony’s (6758 JT) PS5 Cost
3. Nintendo’s (7974 JT) Mario Kart Tour to Go Truly Multi-player / Switch Shortages?
Technology: Industrial Electronics, Electronic Components and Precision
4. 8Gb DRAM Above US$3.00 7
5. SK Hynix (006600 KS) Ups CMOS Presence
6. Nitto Denko (6988 JT) Moves ND-L02-S0201 to Phase II in Japan
7. 5G-related Stocks Bouncing
8. Covid-19 Impacting Japan 5G Rollout
9. Canon (7751 JT) To Make OLED Panels?
10. Hitachi’s (6501 JT) Environmentally Friendly Desalination Plant
11. NEC’s Post-5G Technology
12. Fujitsu (6702 JT) Develops Advanced Video Compression Capabilities
Chemicals / Materials
13. Asahi Kasei (3407 JT) Acquires Another Auto Interior Business
14. Downward Revision at Sumitomo Chemical (4005 JT) Encompasses Covid-19
15. Japanese Automakers Record Strong US Auto Sales in February
16. Autos: Concern over Further Supply Chain Disruptions
17. Automakers Aiming for Profitable EV Business
18. Is Toyota (7203 JT) Still a Safe Haven?
Auto Parts / Machinery
19. Syrius Robotics to Enter Japan Automated Warehousing from April
Internet / eCommerce
20. Rakuten (4755 JT) Unveils Its Mobile Offering ; No “Bang” Post Announcement
21. Weak Bookings at Kakaku.com’s (2371 JT) Tabelog
22. ERP-Plays in Health-related Businesses
Macro / Miscellaneous
23. Poor Feb Department Store Sales
24. Liquidity Boost / PSA Focus List Stocks Rebound
25. Disappointing Diet Speech / Covid-19 Fears
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Visited: Shin-Etsu Chemical (4063 JT), Dexerials (4980 JT), Kuraray (3405 JT)
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: Ube Industries (4208 JT)
• Watched Rakuten’s (4755 JT) MMO business strategy conference webcast
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.