The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Ahead of July 23’s opening ceremony, PSA analyst, sports fan and long-term Tokyoite Joel Scheiman reflects on the lead-up to the Olympic Games.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Sansan (4443 JT) in a Logjam
2. Demae-can (2484 JT) – A Revisit
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Twitch Goes Wild for Square Enix’s (9684 HT) FF14 as Asmongold’s Team Die in Heartbreak Defeat to Boss
2. Might Netflix be Working with Sony (6758 JT) on Streaming Games?
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Components / Semis & SPE / Precision
3. Disco (6146 JT) 1Q FY21 OP +66% YoY
4. Glory (6457 JT) in PoS Equipment Leasing Move
5. Nidec (6594 JT) Reports Strong Profit Growth in FY21 Q1
6. Are the Upward Revisions Enough?
7. Other Tech News& Moves That Caught Our Eye
8. Toyota (7203 JT) Keeps Low Profile at Olympics
9. Suzuki Motor (7269 JT) to sell EVs in India by 2025
Auto Parts / Machinery
10. Ferrotec (6890 JT) to Post ¥7.5bil One-Off Gain from Affiliate Share Issue
11. Nachi-Fujikoshi (6474 JT) Disappointing H2 FY21 Guidance
Internet / eCommerce
12. Results of “DX Promotion Status in the Real Estate Industry” Survey
13. Paytm’s Plans to IPO Seen as a Positive for Z Holdings (4689 JT)
14. Mercari’s (4385 JT) Nationwide Delivery Partnership with Uber
15. NRI (4307 JT): FY21 Q1 Earnings Preview
16. Enechange (4169 JT) Wins Tokyo Gas (9531 JT) as Client for new DR Service
17. Covid Vaccine News Gives a Boost to Shionogi (4507 JT) and Chugai (4519 JT)
18. Other Moves & News That Caught Our Eye
Market / Strategy / Macro
19. Does Japan Have Inflation?
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Call with: Money Forward (3994 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.