The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 19 Jul)
REPORTS: CANON (7751 JT) Update Ahead of Q2 Results / The Japan/South Korea trade spat and its effect on electrical materials / MACRO: China data / Plus 15 INDUSTRY & COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Can video game streaming deliver a big win for Japan’s game publishers? Pelham Smithers thinks so.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Canon (7751 JT) Update Ahead of Q2 Results
2. Japan’s Export Restrictions on South Korea
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Video Games Industry: Pecking Order Updated
2. Sony (6758 JT): More PSVR2 Features Leaked
Technology: Industrial Electronics / SPE / Components / Precision
3. Canon (7751 JT) to Cut OP Target to ¥200bil?
Chemicals / Materials
4. Japan’s Row with South Korea: a Look at Hydrogen Fluoride
5. Toyota’s Strength Becoming Apparent
6. China Announces Change in Hybrid Policy
7. China’s Auto Market Struggles
8. First Glimmer of Hope for Nissan (7201 JT) in Europe
Auto Parts / Machinery
9. Some Robotics Strength
10. Nidec 1Q FY19 Preview
11. LINE (3938 JT) Reports on July 24
12. Yahoo Japan (4689 JT) to Vote Against the Reappointment of ASKUL’s CEO
13. Mercari to Record ¥12bil in Net Loss?
14. Huge Unmet Demand for Kitanotatsujin’s (2930 JT) Hit Product
15. Japan Data Privacy: the Potential for Data Banks, PKSHA (3993 JT) and Heroz (4382 JT)
16. China Data
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: Sumitomo Chemical (4005 JT), Japan Lifeline (7575 JT)
• Attended strategy / mid-term plan announcement meetings at: Inter Action (7725 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.