The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
There have been some astonishing stock rises by winning companies since the Abe era began in Dec 2012. If you haven’t owned them, some current valuations and prospects for these winners means that it’s not too late, explains Pelham Smithers.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Kaneka (4118 JT) – Focus on the Fundamentals
2. Subaru (7270 JT) Benefiting from Improved Model Line-Up
3. Yaskawa Electric (6506 JT) FY19 Q1 Preview:
4. MonotaRO (3064 JT) – Continuing Strong Growth
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
1. Nintendo (7974 JT) Goes Lite (Again)
2. Should We Worry About Apple (AAPL US)?
3. Huawei Talks Up HongMeng OS
Chemicals / Materials
4. Japan’s Export Restrictions for Resists Target EUV
5. Japan and South Korea Continue to Spar; Misleading Reports
6. Suzuki (7269 JT) Shares Fall on India Budget Disappointment
7. Further Evidence of Passenger Cars’ Demise
8. Yaskawa Electric (6506 JT): FY19 Q1 Disappoints
9. Takeuchi Mfg (6432 JT) Takes a Hit for Q1
10. ZOZO’s (3092 JT) ZOZOMAT Attracts Interest
11. Dr. Mario World is Released
12. Yahoo Japan (4689 JT) – Execution of Strategy Key
13. Moves in Mobile Gaming: GungHo (3765 JT) Sold Off / Nexon (3659 JT) Bounces
14. Amid the Push to Cashless, TIS (3626 JT) Develops a Salary Payment “Ecosystem
15. Bellsystem24 (6183 JT) Surges Despite Unremarkable FY19 Q1 Results
16. KDDi (9433 JT) Back in Vogue
17. Kitanotatsujin (2930 JT) FY19 1Q Preview
18. Industrial Production Data Underlines Japan’s Knife-edge Economy
19. China Economic Sentiment Deteriorating
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
Interviewed / Conference Call with: Yaskawa (6506 JT), JSR (4185 JT), Kaneka (4118 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.