The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers explains the importance over the coming months of the job offers to applicants ratio
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. TIS (3626 JT): Conservative? Or Lacking Urgency?
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Might Nintendo (7974 JT) Report a YoY Decline in 1Q FY21 OP?
2. Nintendo Unveils the Switch OLED
3. Capcom’s (9697 JT) Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness Releasing on Netflix
4. Sony (6758 JT) PS5 State of Play
5. Has the Video Game Bubble Burst?
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Components / Semis / SPE / Precision
6. Nidec (6954 JT) Could Benefit from Stellantis EV Expansion
7. Other Tech-Related Moves & News That Caught Our Eye
Chemicals / Materials
8. Showa Denko (4004 JT) to Divest Batteries
9. Toyo Ink (4634 JT) Expands LiB Material Sales
10. Dexerials (4980 JT) Announces New Power Current Protector
11. US Auto Sales Surge in Q2
12. Mitsubishi Motors (7211 JT) Aims for Turnaround in South East Asia
13. Negative Reaction to Stellantis’ (STLA US) EV Strategy Plans
Auto Parts / Machinery
14. Yaskawa Electric (6506 JT): Fever Ahead of Q1 FY21 Release / Strong Results
15. Daikin’s (6367 JT) New EV Refrigerant to Extend Driving Range by Up to 50%, Commercialisation for 2025
Internet / eCommerce
16. DeNA (2432 JT) Adds Two New Subsidiaries
17. Z Holdings (4689 JT) Yahoo Brand, Tools / Instant Delivery Service
18. Google (GOOGL US) is Reportedly Buying pring
19. Other Internet / eCommerce-Related Moves & News That Caught Our Eye
20. Money Forward (3994 JT): FY21 Q2 Earnings Preview
21. Sansan (4443 JT): FY20 Q4 Earnings Preview / Expects Losses from Affiliates
22. Shift (3697 JT) Sees Sales and OP Surge in FY21 Q3
23. Didi Crackdown Hits SoftBank Group (9984 JT)
24. Eisai (4523 JT): Donanemab / Aduhelm Making Headlines
25. Other Moves & News That Caught Our Eye
Market / Strategy / Macro
26. Weak China Data
27. Wage Data for May: Not as Good as Hoped
PSA in the Press
Pelham Smithers is quoted in the Financial Times about the criteria on which PE target companies are valued.
“How to beat the private equity buyers”
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Visited: Ferrotec (6890 JT)
• Conference Calls with: Demae-can (2484 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.