The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Have we seen peak crypto? Pelham Smithers investigates.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. The PSA Japan Perspective 2022
2. Denso (6902 JT): Electrification Expansion & Margin Improvement – Multi-Year Upswing
3. Sansan Inc (4443 JT) FY21 Q2 Preview – Will Caution Prevail?
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Square Enix (9684 JT) President Hints at Future Involvement in NFTs, Metaverse
2. Can Sony (6758 JT), Nexon (3659 JT) Make Gaming Work in Hollywood?
3. PSVR2 May Not Be Permanently Tethered – CNET
4. Other Consumer Electronic- / Game-Related News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Components / Semis & SPE / Precision
5. TDK (6762 JT) Plans to Double LiB Sales
6. Fujifilm (4901 JT): To Augment DX Support Services and Expand its Healthcare Business
Auto Electrification Technology
7. Sony (6758 JT) Unveils Second BEV Prototype – Says May Enter Car Making Business
8. Auto Industry Well Represented at the 2022 CES
9. Toyota (7203 JT): Strong Start to 2022 Trading / Overtakes GM in the US
10. Toyota’s (7203 JT) 2021 US Auto Sales Overtake GM’s
11. Strong Start of the Year for Nissan (7201 JT) – YTD +13%
Auto Parts / Machinery
12. Nabtesco (6268 JT) Bounces but Still Offers Value
13. Yaskawa (6506 JT) Fy21 Q3 Release 11 Jan Kicks Off Earnings
14. Denso (6902 JT) Listing Highs Aided by Weak Yen
Internet / eCommerce
15. BASE Inc’s (4477 JT) Sell-off Resumes
16. Stricter Covid-19 Measures Sends Demae-can (2484 JT) Shares Higher
17. Rakuten Bank’s Deposits Balance Surpassed ¥7tril
18. Sansan FY21 Q2 Preview: Will Caution Prevail?
19. Other ERP Software-Related News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
20. Other News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Market / Strategy / Macro
21. Important Economic Data Releases
PSA in the Press
Watch: Pelham Smithers was interviewed on IG UK for his views on the outlook for tech stocks in 2022: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjQGqSe52F4
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.