The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers reflects on the issue of government leadership and weighs Suga’s chances of remaining Prime Minister throughout 2021.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. The 2021 Japan Perspective
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Industrial Electronics and Electronic Components
1. Murata (6981 JT) burnishes its EV credentials
2. What Next for Toshiba (6502 JT)?
Technology: Semiconductor Production Equipment & Precision
3. PC Component Shortages Rampant
4. SPE Strong / Key Semiconductor-Related Components Supply Remains Tight
Technology: Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
5. Mixed Moves in Bitcoin-Plays
Chemicals / Materials
6. Materials Manufacturers’ Shares Mixed
7. MHI (7011 JT) High on Hydrogen / Raising its Focus on Ammonia
Internet / eCommerce
8. Demae-Can (2484 JT) FY21 Q1 Results Not Stomached Well by the Market
9. Cybozu’s (4776 JT) Investments to Push OP Down by More Than Half in FY21
10. Towa Hi System (4175 JT): Another Stellar Small-Cap ERP Software IPO
11. Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma (4506 JT) Up on US$4.2bil Deal
12. Avex to Sell HQ to Cover Staff Cut Costs
13. Shippers Riding High on Dec 25
14. Strike (6196 JT) Missing the Mark
15. ACS (6232 JT) Flying High on Hybrid Drone Tie-Up
16. Department Store Results
17. Economic Data Releases This Week
We wish all our readers a Very Happy New Year 2021
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.