The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Who is in the frame to replace BoJ Governor Kuroda and what are the ramifications for monetary policy? Pelham Smithers investigates.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Global Video Game Industry – Headed for a Crisis?
2. Demae-can (2484 JT) – Operating Losses to Contract Post FY22?
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Video Game Console Sales Below 700,000/wk, Mobile Revenues Sliding
2. PS5 Sales Down YoY in Latest Weekly Data
3. PSVR2 Set to be Playable at Tokyo Games Show
4. How Exposed is Sony (6758 JT) Over the New PlayStation Store Case?
5. Other Consumer Elec / Gaming News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Components / Semis & SPE / Precision
6. Semiconductor Inventories: Now Are They an Issue?
7. Nidec (6594 JT) COO Jun Seki is Leaving the Motor Maker
8. Ferrotec (6890 JT) Edges Up 1% WoW on Firm FY22 Outlook
9. Other Tech-Related News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Chemicals / Materials
10. Kaneka (4118 JT) Adding to its Global Capacity
11. Mitsui Chemicals (4183 JT) to Divest Phenol Operations
12. Hino’s (7205 JT) Emission Scandal Extends to Light Duty Trucks
13. Toyota (7203 JT) Paves the Way for Expansion in India
Internet / eCommerce
14. Research Shows that Almost All Real Estate Companies Support DX
15. Another Network Issue at KDDI (9433 JT) Could See Demand for Rakuten’s (4755 JT) Service Pick Up
16. Other Internet / eCommerce News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Enterprise Software / IT Services
17. Shift Inc (3697 JT): When Success Depends on Changing the Mindset
18. Cybozu (4776 JT) Shows Further Signs of Sales Acceleration
19. Sansan (4443 JT) Overtakes Freee (4478 JT) in Market Cap
20. Money Forward (3994 JT) Launches Invoicing Product to Rival Sansan’s (4443 JT) Bill One
21. Sumitomo Pharma’s (4506 JT) Patent Cliff Draws Nearer
22. Japan’s New Nuclear Plans
23. Other News & Moves That Caught Our Eye
Market / Strategy / Macro
24. Many Corporations Still Cautious with Forex Assumptions
25. Tokyo CPI Rising
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
Visited: Ferrotec (6890 JT), Daikin (6367 JT), Daifuku (6383 JT), TDK (6762 JT), Showa Denko (4004 JT), UBE Corp (4208 JT)
Conference Calls with: Shift Inc (3697 JT), ExaWizards (4259 JT)
Small meeting at: Sumitomo Pharma (4506 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.