The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 23 Aug)
REPORTS: DAIFUKU (6383 JT): FPD Dilemma / Why are Video Games Stocks Doing So Well? / MARKET: Foreigners continue to sell Japanese equities / STRATEGY: “Growth” returns with a vengeance / Plus 13 COMPANY & INDUSTRY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers deciphers the mixed messages surrounding 5G and devises an investment strategy
Congratulations to our colleague, Thao Nguyen
It is exam results season and we are delighted to announce that our internet and e-commerce analyst Thao Nguyen has passed her final CFA exam.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Daifuku (6383 JT): FPD Dilemma
2. Why are Video Game Stocks Doing So Well?
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Sony (6758 JT): Spider-man is Top-Grossing Film / Can Sony Make Spider-man on its Own?
2. Sony (6758 JT) to Make Multi-Platform Games?
3. Nintendo (7974 JT) – Strong Showing in US in July
4. Video Game Stocks Continue to Perform
Technology: Industrial Electronics / SPE / Components / Precision
5. EUV-Play Lasertec (6920 JT) Continues to Shine
6. Toshiba (6502 JT): Is it Finally Starting to Crack?
7. Anritsu (6754 JT): Read Across from Keysight (KEYS US)
Chemicals / Materials
8. Japan, South Korea, China…and Carbon Fiber
9. W-Scope (6619 JT) Worst Performer on Aug 21
10. Market’s Change of Heart about LINE (3938 JT) and Mercari (4385 JT)
11. IIJ’s (3774 JT) DeCurret Introduces Smartphone Exchange of Virtual Currency to e-Money
12. Nippon Shinyaku (4516 JT) Hits Record High
13. SoftBank (9984 JT) to Lend to Employees (Again)?
14. “Growth” Returns with a Vengeance
15. More Foreign Selling
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
Visited: TDK (6762 JT), Zeon Corp (4205 JT), Showa Denko (4004 JT), Fujifilm Holdings (4901 JT), Mitsui Chemicals (4183 JT), Sekisui Chemical (4204 JT), Japan Display (6740 JT)
Interviewed / Conference Call with: Daifuku (6383 JT), Recruit (6098 JT) Trend Micro (4704 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.