The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 21 Aug)
REPORTS: Time for AI to Exit “The Trough of Disillusionment” / Money Forward (3994 JT) Initiation / MACRO: Japan’s weird 2Q numbers / trade data / Convenience store sales get worse / INDUSTRY INSIGHTS: Wireless triangulation encouraging Japan’s take-up of eCommerce / Product Life Management to the fore / Plus additional COMPANY INSIGHTS & RESULTS
The Weekly Comment by Thao Nguyen
Thao Nguyen gives an update on the development of cashless payment service PayPay
and reinforces her positive stance on Z Holdings (4689 JT).
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Time for AI to Exit “The Trough of Disillusionment”
2. Money Forward (3994 JT): Initiation – Riding the SaaS Wave
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Ring Fit Adventure Comes to Nintendo Switch in China
2. Fortnite News Seen as Inadvertently Giving Away PS5 Release Date
3. Readthrough from the Tesla (TSLA US) / Panasonic (6752 JT) Battery Deal
4. Epic / Apple Battle Starting to Have Positive Ramifications for Japanese Mobile Game Publishers
5. Video Game Moves That Caught Our Eye
Technology: Industrial Electronics and Electronic Components
6. Washington Tightens Huawei Ban
7. Product Life Management to the Fore: Read Across to NEC (6701 JT) / Hitachi (6501 JT)
8. Honda (7267 JT) and Nissan (7201 JT) Urged to Merge
9. Subaru Upgrades EyeSight System
10. Toyota Motor (7203 JT) Launches Updated Hilux – Is Electrification on The Cards?
11. Wireless Triangulation Encouraging Japan’s Take-Up of eCommerce
Internet / eCommerce
12. CyberAgent (4751 JT) Outperforms on Better Game Performance
13. Demae-can (2484 JT) Denies Considering Buying Uber Eats Japan
14. Gree’s (3632 JT) FY20 Q4 Misses
15. Medley Inc (4480 JT) Reports Solid FY20 Q2
16. NTT Data (9613 JT): WinActor system proving particularly popular with SMEs
17. Cybozu (4776 JT) Group Company’s IPO Likely to Generate Extraordinary Profit
18. Pharma Moves That Caught Our Eye
19. Trump, Nvidia and SOX Combine to Send Japan Tech Stocks Lower
20. Japan’s Weird 2Q GDP / Trade Balance
21. Convenience Store Sales Get Worse
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: Ube Industries (4208 JT), Dexerials (4980 JT), JBEC Japan Blue Energy Co (unlisted maker of production facilities for hydrogen fuel looking to IPO by 2023).
• Participated in earnings call with: Sumitomo Chemical (4005 JT)
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.