The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 09 Apr)
REPORTS: Square Enix (9684 JT): Why Final Fantasy VII Remake is so important /
Nabtesco (6268 JT): Doors, dividends and cost control / MACRO: Japan to lockdown / State of emergency package; corporate responses and sector implications / Industry insights: China auto sales decline decelerates in March / Covid-19 impact on automakers’ financial services / Will Japan’s state of emergency force remote working in earnest? / Read across from Samsung’s March Q results / Plus additional COMPANY INSIGHTS
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Japan’s experience of Covid-19 up until this week was reminiscent of a phoney war. This is now no longer the case, explains Pelham
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Strategy: What Next? More of the Same? Reversal? Very Different?
2. Why Final Fantasy VII Remake is So Important to Square Enix (9684 JT)
3. Nabtesco (6268 JT): Doors, Dividends and Cost Control
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics, Gaming
1. Why Final Fantasy VII Remake is So Important to SQE
Technology: Electronic Components and Precision
2. Read Across from Samsung Electronics’ (005930 KS) March Q Results
Chemicals / Materials
3. Avigan Plays: Denka (4061 JT) / Fujifilm (4901 JT) –Ph 2 Trials to Begin in the US
4. Asahi Kasei’s (3407 JT) 32% Drop in March Housing Orders No Big Surprise
5. China Auto Sales Decline Decelerates in March
6. Covid-19 Impact on Automakers’ Financial Services
Auto Parts / Machinery
7. Nabtesco (6268 JT) Up 11% over 4 Days, Daifuku (6383 JT) Pausing
8. Implications for Rakuten (4755 JT) Under Japan in Lockdown Scenario
Internet / eCommerce
9. CyberAgent (4751 JT) Fairly Resilient to Covid-19
10. Kakaku.com (2371 JT) to Expand tabelog Takeout
11. Will Japan’s State of Emergency Force Remote Working in Earnest?
12. TIS (3626 JT) to Beat FY19 Guidance, as Expected
13. Bellsystem24 (6183 JT) Forgoes FY20 Forecast Amid Covid-19 Uncertainty
14. IIJ (3774 JT) Hits a 52-Week High
15. What Will FY Results of Kitanotatsujin (2930 JT) Indicate for Online Companies?
16. Seven & I (3382 JT) Q4 Results Show Little Impact from Covid-19
Macro / Strategy
17. Japan’s Emergency Package: Corporate Responses / Sector Implications
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Interviewed / Conference Call with: TDK (6762 JT), Yaskawa Electric (6506 JT) call booked for Apr 10
*If you would like access to the full weekly the reports highlighted, or the full Weekly (which includes the full comment) and if you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please contact our sales team.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ < GO> or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA), Research Exchange and ResearchPool.