The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 31 Mar)
Reports/Flash Notes: Headlines at a Glance
1. Consumer Electronics: Sony (6758) – Long Term Earnings Drivers Coming to the Fore
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Industrial Electronics / Gaming
1. Toshiba (6502): Westinghouse, Toshiba Memory, the HDD Business / Toshiba Memory Spinoff
2. China Can’t Bid for Toshiba, so Invests in its own 3D NAND – Big Time
3. Government Winding Up to Move Against Gambling – Read-Across to Pachinko Plays
4. Just Consider: Hon Hai paid ¥88/share for Sharp (6753) – which closed this week at ¥470
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
5. JSR (4185): Better February Tech and Rubber Sales, but Some Reasons for Caution
6. Hodogaya Chemical (4112) and the Canon Tokki OLED Bottleneck: Some Relief in Sight?
7. Mitsubishi Tanabe (4508): Getting Rid of its Generics Business – to Nipro Corp (8086)
8. Iwatani (8088): Is Sawafuji’s (6901) Hydrogen Technology a Threat?
9. Other Chemical News This Week That Caught Our Eye: Bakelite/Asahi Kasei/Ube/JSR/Showa Denko
10. Assessing Negative Reactions to Q3 Earnings
11. Japanese Automakers Feb Global Auto Production Figures Firm
12. HondaJet Showcased on Top Gear
13. No Comfort for Nissan and Renault from French State Move with Peugeot Holding
Machinery / SPE
14. Renesas (6723): A Sponsoring Member of the LoRa Alliance
15. Daikin (6367): Hits an All Time High
16. SMC (6273): Recovery from the Well Investment Short-Sell Report to a Listing High
17. IHI (7013): Back on the Radar in Anticipation of a Dividend Payment
18. SPE Plays Tokyo Electron (8035) and Screen Holdings (7735) Continue Firm
19. Yaskawa (6506): Eyeing Trends in the Steel Industry in the Hope of Upgrades to Electric Furnaces
20. Facebook (FB US) Spikes SNAP’s (SNAP US) Guns? LINE (3938) May Need to Reboot
21. Tencent’s (700 HK) Success with WeChat – Read-Across to LINE’s LINE Pay
22. GREE (3632) and mixi (2121): Rising, but on Empty Tanks
23. Avex (7860): Shutting Down GEOCHANNEL
24. Morinaga (2201) Companies Put off a Merger, which Puts off Investors
* If you would like access to the full reports, please call your PSA sales representative.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ), or contact your sales representative.