The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 29 Mar)
Featuring in this week’s weekly round-up: We highlight Bandai Namco’s as a value play with exciting prospects thanks to the Dragon Ball franchise, which has transformed the company’s fortunes. Also the extent to which Sony (6758 JP) is winning the digital camera business amongst a new generation of professionals……….
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
PSA commissioned a professional photographer to explain to us why Sony (6758 JP) is winning the digital camera business amongst a new generation of professionals.
Reports / Flash Notes Summaries
1. Bandai Namco (7832 JP): Dragon Ball Takes IP Strategy to New Level
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
1. Sony (6758 JP) has Another Box Office Success with Peter Rabbit / 5% Wage Hike Announcement
2. Current Pecking Order for Video Game Stocks
3. Altplus (3672 JP) in KLab (3656 JP) / Kadokawa (9468 JP) Tie-Up
4. Capcom (9697 JP) Struggles to Get Slots Out for FY17
5. Tesla’s Production Issues: Readthrough for Panasonic (6752 JP)
6. Is Binance’s Move to Malta Behind the SBI Holdings (8473 JP) / Huobi Tie-Up Delay?
7. Teardown of US Samsung Galaxy S9+ Disappointing for Murata (6981 JP)
8. China Antidumping Move Might Help Mitsui Chemicals (4183 JP)
9. Toray’s (3402 JP) Carbon Fiber: Real or Fake News?
10. Fujifilm (4901 JP) to Acquire Irvine Scientific
11. A Positive Development for both Toyota (7203 JP) and Suzuki (7269 JP) over India Business
12. Self-Driving Technology in Turmoil: Uber, Mobileye, Nvidia
13. Large Scandal Looms for Subaru (7270 JP)
14. Mitsubishi Electric (6503 JP): Dividend Hike Outweighs Raw Material Impact
15. CyberAgent (4751 JP): Positioning to be Japan’s Premier eSports Company
16. Yahoo Japan (4689 JP) to Acquire 40% of BitARG Exchange Tokyo?
17. Linical (2183 JP) to Merge with Accelovance
18. Takeda (4502 JP) in Talks with Shire
19. China 2025 Plan Also Causing Concern in Asia
20. Cherry Blossoms
The Weekly Market Comment by Pelham Smithers
The Extent to Which Sony (6758 JP) is Winning the Digital Camera Business amongst a New Generation of Professionals
With smartphones destroying the casual end of the photography market – although boosting interest in photography as both a profession and a serious hobby – the digital camera market is increasingly dominated by the needs of two groups: 1) Chinese tourists and 2) western professionals.
While the Chinese tourist market continues to favour the branded DSLR makers Nikon (7731 JP) and, in particular, Canon (7751 JP), the professional market is undergoing a sea-change that is producing a surprise winner in Sony (6758 JP)……….
*If you would like access to the full weekly and the reports highlighted, please call your PSA sales representative. If you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please ask you can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ), or contact your sales representative.