The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 17 Feb)
Reports / Flash Notes: Headlines at a Glance
1. Video Game Sector – Lessons from Results
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Electronic Components
1. Toshiba (6502) … the Saga Continues
2. Nikon (7731): Worrying Times Ahead
3. Tamron (7740): FY17 2H Forecasts Look Very Punchy
4. Mabuchi Motor (6592): Large Currency Gain to FY16 Results but FY17 Guidance Muted
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
5. WSJ Reported that Sony (6758) is Getting into the Galaxy, but that Volumes Appear to be Small.
6. Kureha (4023): Improved Oil Market Reflected in Share Rise / Value but Where is the Growth?
7. Showa Denko (4004): Positive Earnings, but a Mixed Bag in All
8. Asahi Kasei (3407) Buying into Chuo Build Industry (1971)
Auto Parts / Machinery
9. NOK (7240): Upside and Value
10. Nabtesco (6268): Strong Robot Gears
11. Ferrotec (6890): FX and Solar Issues Disappoint. Will FY16 be the Inflection Year?
12. Strong Q3 from Valeo’s (FR FP) Ichikoh (7244)
13. Daifuku (6383): Strong Performance Racked Up
14. SoftBank (9984) and Fortress – the Infrastructure of Investment
15. Trend Micro (4704): Giving it the Benefit of the Doubt
16. Rakuten (4755): FY17 Guidance Does Not Look Overly Challenging
17. mixi (2121): We Maintain a Neutral Stance, due to the Dearth of New Growth Catalysts
18. Start Today (3092): Impressive Results, Impressive Premium
19. GREE (3632): Still Struggling to Regain Some Ground
20. istyle (3660): On Target to Meet FY16 Targets but Valuations Remain Stretched
21. Good Numbers from Recruit Holding (6098) but Risks Remain
22. Diverging Strategies for Stem Cell Stocks
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ), or contact your sales representative.