The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-Up (week to 13 Oct)
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
Pelham Smithers discusses the whys and wherefores of Japan’s love affair with blockchain.
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Macro / Politics
1. Polls Give Abe Strong Majority
2. Nikkei 225 Members Under Scrutiny:
3. Seven & I (3382): Positive Earnings Season Bellwether
Technology: Consumer and Industrial Electronics / Electronic Components
4. Sony (6758): Is Netflix a Problem? / Disappointing Start for Blade Runner 2049
5. Panasonic (6752): Tesla Model 3 Production Issues Offset by Strong X and S Demand
6. Square Enix (9684): Flame vs Blaze a Damp Squib
7. DRAM Prices Surging: IC Theme Laggards Points to Material Suppliers
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
8. Japan Display (6740): Panel Prices to Remain a Worry
9. Are Reporting Modifications Attracting or Hampering Investment?
10. NSSMC Reduces its Position in Sumco (3436) Again
11. Asahi Kasei (3407), Sekisui Chemical (4204): Uninspiring Housing Orders
12. Investments in Agro Drones
13. Kobe Steel (5406): Quality Issues for Materials in Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Auto Parts / Machinery
14. Machinery Moves This Week Continued to be Dominated by Automation
15. Broker Upgrades Echo PSA’s Positive Outlook on NOK (7240) and Ferrotec (6890)
16. A Good Week for mixi (2121), Recruit (6098), CyberAgent (4751) and GREE (3632)
17. Chugai (4519) vs Shionogi (4507) / Pharma Sector Picks
18. SoftBank (9984): Its Recent Share Price Strength / Sprint, TMUS Deal by Month-end?
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Call with Teijin (3401)
• Attended results meetings for Idom (7599), Lawson Inc (2651) and Yoshinoya (9861)
List of PSA Published Reports as of August 2017
*If you would like access to the full reports, please call your PSA sales representative. If you would like to see the list of reports, please ask.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Alpha Exchange and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ), or contact your sales representative.