The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 03 Mar)
Reports/Flash Notes: Headlines at a Glance
1. Consumer Electronics: Smartphone Outlook for 2017
2. Autos: US Auto Sales in February Fall – Light Trucks Now Account for Almost Two Thirds of US Sales
3. Chemicals: Shin-Etsu Chemical (4063) – March 2nd Visit Feedback
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Gaming
1. Sony (6758): PSVR Update
2. Samsung Electronics (005930 KS): March 29th date for Galaxy S8 launch?
3. Gumi (3903): Alchemist Game Hits 1.5mil Download Mark
4. MWC2017 Focuses on 5G
5. Nintendo (7974) Launches Switch: Then What?
6. Apple (APPL US) in Talks with Paramount, Sony Pictures – New York Post
7. Remote Charging – The Basics
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
8. Who Benefits Most from Leading-edge Wafers? Read-across to Sumco (3436), Shin-Etsu (4063)
9. Showa Denko (4004): Another Toshiba (6502)-Style Disaster? Will it Stay in the Nikkei 225?
10. What to Do with Suzuki (7269) Now it’s at a 52-week High
11. Japan Auto Sales for January up 7.4% YoY
12. Toyota (7203): Good News on the Sales Side with the C-HR
13. Isuzu (7202): Positive Re-assessment
Auto Parts / Machinery
14. Trump Address: Implications for Japan’s Machinery Stocks / US-Based PVC Supplier Shin-Etsu…
15. IHI (7013): Sells off Assets to Reduce Losses, as Promised
16. SoftBank (9984): Facilitating OneWeb / Intelsat Merger (I US) / Sprint (S US) First to Offer 5G?
17. Snap (SNAP US) Same Size as Panasonic (6752), What about Compared to LINE (3938)?
18. LINE (3938): Cloud AI Platform – an Important Piece of the Long-term Growth Picture
19. Nanocarrier (4571): Positive news on NC-6004
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the equity CN PSA), or contact your sales representative.