The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-up (week to 02 June)
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers
The Nikkei is back above 20,000 for the first time since 2015. Pelham Smithers comments.
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance
1. Autos: Honda (7267) FY17 Outlook – Relative Position to Improve under Challenging Market Conditions
2. Autos: US Auto Sales April 2017 – Light Truck Sales Expansion Comes to a Halt
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Gaming / Components / Industrial Electronics
1. Video Game Stocks: The Game is Definitely Still in Play
2. Nintendo (7974): Switch Data / 3rd-Pary Publishers / Enough NAND? / Online Services Launched
3. AR / VR Headset Shipments in 1Q 2017 Surge 70% YoY
4. Sony (6758): To Reboot the Resident Evil Movie Series – Read-across to Capcom
5. Square Enix (9684): Who Owns the Old Eidos IP?
6. Which companies are ‘Fit and Proper’ to Run a Casino in Japan?
7. Panasonic (6752): Positive Investor Day / LiB Deliveries to Tesla
8. PanaHome (1924) Rejects Bid by Oasis
9. Samsung to Build a 2nd Line at its 3D NAND Facility; Read-across to TEL, Ferrotec, Nidec
10. Is Samsung Set to Deliver 180mil OLED Screens in 2018?
11. Toshiba (6502): The Bidding Continues
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
12. Sekisui Chemical May Play Key Role in PeptiDream’s Production Plans
13. LiB Demand to Accelerate in Europe around 2019
14. Ho-hum Medium-Term Meetings, but Controversy Over Carbon Fiber
Autos / Auto Parts / Machinery
15. Trump, Paris, and the Auto Assemblers
16. Japan Auto Sales Rise 12.4% in May: Boosted by Emission Data Scandal Base Effect
17. Diesel Emission Scandal: Have Fiat Chrysler and General Motors Been Cheating as Well? Potentially good news for VW and Japanese OEMs
18. SPE / FA Plays Continue to Hit Highs
Internet / Telecoms
19. SoftBank (9984): Intelsat Bond Deal Falls Through
20. Digital Garage (4819): The Change of Strategy Makes Sense to Us
21. The HIV Cartel: Gilead, Shionogi and GSK
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews Record:
• Results meetings for Sumitomo Chemical (4005, small meeting) and Kyoritsu Maintenance (9616)
• Results and strategy meetings for Mitsui Chemicals (4183), Asahi Kasei (3407) and Sumitomo Chemical (4005)
• Visited Shin-Etsu Chemical (4063) and Clarion (6796)
List of PSA Published Reports Since Q2 2017 to Date
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ) and Alpha-Exchange, or contact a member one of our sales team.