PSA Weekly 22nd December 2017
All the team at PSA wish you Happy Holidays and a healthy, happy and successful 2018. PSA Weekly will return on Jan 5th.
PSA Japan Weekly Research Round-Up for the week end Dec 22:
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers:
10 tech hardware names have contributed 18% of Topix's performance, underscoring the importance of combining quality and growth when it came to stock selection in 2017. It also shows the benefit of emphasizing business spend over consumer spend. While 2018 looks set to begin where 2017 left off, look for the market to cycle into more risk-on stocks as inflation starts to creep in.
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance:
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Industrial Electronics / Electronic Components / Precision / SPE
1. Sony (6758): Positive Newsflow Continues
2. Resonant (RESN US) Gets SAW Socket Win: Implications for Murata (6981) and Taiyo Yuden (6976)
3. Murata (6981): CEO Discusses MetroCirc
4. Risks & Rewards at Hitachi (5601) and Melco (6503) in 2018
5. Toyota (7203): 10 EVs by Early 2020s
6. Toyota Sets up a Mobility Services Company
7. Subaru (7270) Facing Second Governance Scandal on Suspicion of Fuel Economy Data Falsification
8. What next for Nissan as Carlos Ghosn is likely to step down as CEO of Renault?
Auto Parts / Machinery
9. IHI (7013): Advantages vs MHI (7011) and KHI (7012)