The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-Up: Highlights - More on Blockchain; a report on SBI Holdings, Game On at Capcom and Toyota's New Concept Car
PSA Japan Research Round-Up for the week ending Jan 12
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers Interviews
Because of Bitcoin's flaws, the debate over its future somewhat distorts the debate over digital currencies in general. While Japan's authorities may be agnostic towards Bitcoin, they've shown affinity to the digital currency concept, to the point of looking to replicate the yen as a digital currency. Pelham explains the advantages and attraction of blockchain in Japan and highlights key beneficiaries.....
Reports / Flash Notes Summaries
1. SBI Holdings (8473 JP) and the Japanese Blockchain Opportunity
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments
1. Sony Provides More Positive Data Points / CES / Music Videos on Facebook
2. Canon to Continue Medical Equipment M&A
3. How Do You Value SBI Holdings' Stake in Ripple Labs?
4. Bitcoin Mining – Do the Economics for GMO Internet Stack Up?
5. NEC To Acquire Northgate for ¥72bil
6. Capcom's Street Fighter, Monster Hunter Ramp Up Ahead of Launches
7. Fast Retailing Sales Good for Toray
8. Toray's Textiles Explanation Fails to Inspire
9. Petro Rabigh Progress Positive for Sumitomo Chemical
10. Sharp Reportedly Close to OLED Production