The Must Read PSA Weekly Research Round-Up: Highlights - More on Blockchain; a report on SBI Holdings, Game On at Capcom and Toyota's New Concept Car
PSA Japan Research Round-Up for the week ending Jan 12
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers Interviews
Because of Bitcoin's flaws, the debate over its future somewhat distorts the debate over digital currencies in general. While Japan's authorities may be agnostic towards Bitcoin, they've shown affinity to the digital currency concept, to the point of looking to replicate the yen as a digital currency. Pelham explains the advantages and attraction of blockchain in Japan and highlights key beneficiaries.....
Reports / Flash Notes Summaries
1. SBI Holdings (8473 JP) and the Japanese Blockchain Opportunity
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments
1. Sony Provides More Positive Data Points / CES / Music Videos on Facebook
2. Canon to Continue Medical Equipment M&A
3. How Do You Value SBI Holdings' Stake in Ripple Labs?
4. Bitcoin Mining – Do the Economics for GMO Internet Stack Up?
5. NEC To Acquire Northgate for ¥72bil
6. Capcom's Street Fighter, Monster Hunter Ramp Up Ahead of Launches
7. Fast Retailing Sales Good for Toray
8. Toray's Textiles Explanation Fails to Inspire
9. Petro Rabigh Progress Positive for Sumitomo Chemical
10. Sharp Reportedly Close to OLED Production
11. Are Rising Graphite Electrode Prices Fully Discounted?
12. Would Fujifilm Invest in Xerox?
13. Nissan to Invest in Solid State Battery Start-up
14. Toyota Presents Mobility Specific Self-Driving Concept at CES and Announces New Mobility Partnership
15. China Auto Market to Become More Challenging in 2018
16. Honda's New Insight: Third Time Lucky?
17. Automation Closes Near or At Listing Highs
18. Auto Components Fall Back on Yen Strengthening
19. Fanuc Fast-Forward in 2018; Daikin Stalls
20. LINE Roars on Speculation of a Tie-up with South Korean cryptocurrency exchange Upbit
21. mixi to Sponsor FC Tokyo
22. Yamato Transport to Deliver a Return to the Black
23. Foreigners Buy US$5.5bil in Japanese Equities in Two Days
List of PSA Published Reports Since Q4 2017 to Date (please contact our sales team for information)
Important Legal and Regulatory Disclosures & Disclaimers
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews
• Earnings meeting at Tosei (8923 JP)
• Information meeting at Toray (3402 JP)
• Phone interview with Fujifilm Holdings (490 JP)
PSA In the Press
Joel Scheiman is mentioned in Bloomberg: 'Copy That, Fujifilm Should Give Xerox a Wide Berth: Gadfly'
You can find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Alpha Exchange and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ), or contact your sales representative.