The Must Read PSA Pre-Easter Weekly (to April 13)
PSA Japan weekly research round for Easter week April 13th:
The Weekly Market Comment Pelham Smithers (available upon request):
Reports/Flash Notes: Headlines at a Glance (full reports available upon request):
1. Pharma: Peptidream (4587) and the Deal with J&J
2. Technology: Bullish Outlook on HDDs from Seagate's CEO – Read Across to Supply Chain
3. Pharma: Sumitomo Dainippon Pharma (4506): Engineering a Recovery – Never as Easy as Falling Off a Cliff
Company/Sector/Thematic Comments at a Glance (Please ask for more details):
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Industrial Electronics / Gaming
1. Sony (6758): Hopes for Enterprise Solutions with New ePaper Tablet
2. Square Enix (9684): DQXI Release Date – 29th July – Should Be a Very Nice Earner for FY17
3. Nintendo (7974): Announces Line-up for Switch
4. Ricoh (7752) Exits Cameras...But There are Bigger Problems to Consider
5. Toshiba (6502): High Noon / Is there a readthrough to the rest of Japan Inc?...
6. New Bid from Sasaki-san for Solekia (9867): Your Turn, Fujitsu (6702)
7. Apple (APPL US) Getting Tougher on IC IP Providers
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
8. Seagate's (STX US) CEO Bullish on HDDs: Consider the Source / Read-Across to Supply Chain
9. Asahi Kasei (3407): March Housing Orders are Disappointing
Autos / Auto Parts
10. Toyota (7203): Trump Claims Kentucky Plant $1.33bil Spend as His Win – We Won't Tell
11. Geopolitical Concerns Affects the Currency and Likely FY17 Forecasts for the Automakers
12. Aisin Seiki (7259): At Important ¥5,000 Technical Level
13. SoftBank (9984): Pushing for Snapdeal / FlipKart deal
14. Thoughts from our Call with Yahoo Japan (4689) on its Delivery System
15. Hisamitsu (4530): Forecasts Decline in OP on Prescription Volume Limits
16. Chugai (4519): ALEX Trials for Alecensa a Success
17. Transdermal Medrx (4586): Might be on to a Winner with Cipla Deal
PSA Company Visits, Tours and Interviews Record:
This week we attended Asahi Kasei's (3407) R&D meeting, Mitsui Chemicals' (4183) Polyolefins Technology Seminar and the earnings meeting for Ryohin Keikaku (7453). We also conducted a telephone interview with Yahoo Japan.
*If you would like access to the full reports, please call your PSA sales representative. If you would like to see the list of reports produced YTD, please ask.
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ) and Alpha Exchange, or contact your sales representative.