The Must Read PSA Weekly research Round-Up (week ending March 3, 2017)
PSA Japan Weekly research round-up for the week ending March 3rd:
Reports/Flash Notes: Headlines at a Glance:
1. Consumer Electronics: Smartphone Outlook for 2017
2. Autos: US Auto Sales in February Fall – Light Trucks Now Account for Almost Two Thirds of US Sales
3. Chemicals: Shin-Etsu Chemical (4063) – March 2nd Visit Feedback
Company/Sector/Thematic Comments at a Glance:
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Gaming
1. Sony (6758): PSVR Update
2. Samsung Electronics (005930 KS): March 29th date for Galaxy S8 launch?
3. Gumi (3903): Alchemist Game Hits 1.5mil Download Mark
4. MWC2017 Focuses on 5G
5. Nintendo (7974) Launches Switch: Then What?
6. Apple (APPL US) in Talks with Paramount, Sony Pictures – New York Post
7. Remote Charging – The Basics
Chemicals / Electronic Materials
8. Who Benefits Most from Leading-edge Wafers? Read-across to Sumco (3436), Shin-Etsu (4063)
9. Showa Denko (4004): Another Toshiba (6502)-Style Disaster? Will it Stay in the Nikkei 225?
10. What to Do with Suzuki (7269) Now it's at a 52-week High
11. Japan Auto Sales for January up 7.4% YoY
12. Toyota (7203): Good News on the Sales Side with the C-HR
13. Isuzu (7202): Positive Re-assessment
Machinery / Auto Parts
14. Trump Address: Implications for Japan's Machinery Stocks / US-Based PVC Supplier Shin-Etsu...
15. IHI (7013): Sells off Assets to Reduce Losses, as Promised
16. SoftBank (9984): Facilitating OneWeb / Intelsat Merger (I US) / Sprint (S US) First to Offer 5G?
17. Snap (SNAP US) Same Size as Panasonic (6752), What about Compared to LINE (3938)?
18. LINE (3938): Cloud AI Platform – an Important Piece of the Long-term Growth Picture
19. Nanocarrier (4571): Positive news on NC-6004
You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the <stock code> equity CN PSA), or contact your sales representative.