The Must Read PSA Weekly (week to Jan 13):
PSA Japan weekly research round-up for the week ending Jan 13th:
Reports/Flash Notes: Headlines at a Glance:
1. Materials: Sumco (3436) – Can Management Learn from History?
Company/Sector/Thematic Comments at a Glance:
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Games / Electronic Components
1. Sony (6758): Will it be the 'Stock of 2017'?
2. Square Enix (9684) Final Fantasy XV Sales Up to 6mil Units.
3. Nintendo (7974) Unveils the Switch – Underwhelming
4. Sharp's (6753) OLED Plans
5. Toshiba Problems Set to Rumble On
Electronic Materials / Chemicals
6. LiB Pricing Fell 22% in 2016
7. Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings (4188) Chases after Toray (3402) in Carbon Fiber
8. GE Plans to use Silicon Carbide Fibers in Jet Engines
9. Sumitomo Metal Mining (5713): A Casualty of Indonesian Policies
10. Asahi Kasei (3407) and Sekisui Chemical (4204): Firm Housing Orders
Autos / Auto Parts
11. CAAM Expects 5% YoY Growth in China Auto Sales for 2017
12. Toyota (7203): US Investments
13. Detroit Motor Show Impressions
14. Takata (7312) and the DoJ – a Raw deal for Honda (7267)?
15. Fanuc (6954) 30% Increase in Robotics? Not in 2017...Read-across to Yaskawa (6506)
16. Japan Machine Tool Builder Association Forecasts 10% Growth for CY17
17. Pharma Strategy:
18. Takeda (4502) Acquires Ariad
19. GungHo (3765) to Withdraw the Service of Puzzle & Dragon from China
20. CyberAgent (4751): Chicken and Egg on AbemaTV
21. Kakaku.com (2371) Continues to See Slow Growth in Individual Paid Subscriber Numbers
22. Rakuten (4755) Launches Rakuten Europe Bank S.A.
23. BoJ Reports a Narrowing Output Gap
*You can also find PSA research on FactSet, Thomson Reuters (Reuters Knowledge, Thomson One Analytics, Starmine), Capital IQ, and Bloomberg (under PSAZ or by typing in the < stock code> equity CN PSA ), or contact your sales representative.