PSA Japan Weekly Research Round-Up for the week end July 21:
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers (please contact our sales team for access to the full comment):
With Abe under pressure, last week saw the media examining whether Kuroda can be dislodged as BoJ governor. With the labour market tightening, can wages go up? – and are we then talking about inflation at last?
Reports / Flash Notes Published This Week: Headlines at a Glance (please contact our sales team for access info for the full reports):
1. Chemicals: Shin-Etsu Chemical (4063) – Pillars of Strength
2. Telecoms: SoftBank (9984): Conglomerate or Investment Vehicle?
3. Materials: Trends in the LiB Separator Market – New Machines May Level the Playing Field and Speed Commoditization
4. Electronics: Yaskawa (6506) Reports Outstanding FY17 Q1 Results
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments at a Glance (please contact our sales team for more details):
Technology: Consumer Electronics / Gaming
1. Sony (6758): Comparison with Netflix / Ends Movie Funding Deal with Lone Star
2. Nintendo (7974): Planning to Exit Handhelds?
3. Video Games Stats: PS4 Outsells Switch Sales (Again) Thanks to Square Enix's Reissue of FF12
4. Gumi (3903): Encouraging Pre-Launch Registration Figures
Technology: Industrial Electronics / Precision / Electronic Components
5. Canon (7751): The Nikkei Provides Punchy Numbers