PSA Japan Research Round-Up for the week ending 09 March, 2018
Contents at a Glance
The Weekly Comment by Pelham Smithers – Is Blockchain Overhyped?
Blockchain is a subject of great interest to Pelham Smithers, who sees it as offering the capacity to transform Japan's unsatisfactory banking transfer capabilities. In this week's comment, Pelham responds to a paper on blockchain by Nouriel Roubini of NYU's Stern School of Business.
Reports / Flash Notes Summaries
1. KDDi (9433 JP): Is it Hitting Saturation?
2. 2018: An Inflection Point for the Smartphone Industry and Read-Across to the Supply Chain: Highlighting TDK (6762 JP)
Company / Sector / Thematic Comments
1. SBI Ripple Asia Moves Deeper into Banking
2. Rakuten (4755 JP) Enters the Loyalty Points Blockchain Business
3. 2018: An Inflection Point for the Smartphone Industry
4. Monster Hunter: World Ships 7.5mil Units
5. Sony (6758 JP) Should Benefit from the FCC's Decision to Auction 24 / 28GHz Spectrum
6. Teijin's (3401 JP) Carbon Fiber Gets a Pickup from GM
7. Sell-off in Dexerials (4980 JP) Could Prove Short-Sighted
8. Stella Chemifa (4109 JP) to Hike Some Product Prices: Shares Soar
9. Nitto Denko (6988 JP) Commences Drug Trials for Lung Disease